The primary goal of our graphic design workshop is not to let classical reproduction techniques fade into oblivion, and to promote their contemporary use and practice.
It is important for us that the different printing processes remain tools of self-expression alongside the main artistic disciplines.Our main goal is to support autonomous creators through the infrastructure of the workshop.
We aim to create an inspiring, creative space where artists and the public can learn and use classical techniques.In addition to the workshop, our aim is to introduce the world of contemporary and classical graphic art, its main trends and major figures to a wider audience.
We place particular emphasis on cooperation with representatives of the profession, national and international professional organisations, workshops, educational institutions and museums.
Through a series of lectures and workshops, we are aiming to promote professional discourse and make it better known to the general public.
All interested parties are welcome! For more information on printing options and workshop use, please enquire here:
Artist In Residence
HAB (Hungarian Art & Business) / MBH Foundation for the Support of the Arts recidency programme welcomes artists who would like to spend time in a villa in downtown Budapest, making art, getting to know the cultural and artistic scene of the city.
Location: Residencies, 112 Andrássy út, Budapest, Hungary.
We extend an invitation to artists to participate in our artist residency program, offering a 6 to 8 weeks immersive experience dedicated to their craft. We are committed to provide essential materials and resources, ensuring that artists will have everything they need to create freely and without constraints.
The core duration of this residency program spans from 6 to 8 weeks, during which selected artists will be granted access to a fully equipped workspace tailored to meet the specific needs of their artistic projects. Moreover, artists will have the unique opportunity to become part of a vibrant artistic community, fostering collaboration, and networking with like-minded individuals.
- studio space of 50 sqm. Depending on the occupation of the residencies, either 50 or 2 x 50 sqms are available
- apartment with private bathroom
- shared kitchen and dining area
- supplies for making art – within a given budget
- assistance around the city and cultural events, the art scene
- open studio event
- finissage – display of works in the studio for the public, hosting the event
We ask for:
- Although applicants are not required to pay rental fee, the Foundation will quantify the consideration and will communicate the amount before the stay. The applicant is required to leave artworks (preferably those made during the residency, but if that is problematic, then art made elsewhere), that is equivalent to the value of the programme. (The applicant acknowledges the responsibility for covering any tax contributions that may incur during participation in the residency program whether in his/her home country or any other applicable location.)
- artists with a degree or professional experience that equals an art degree
- above 18
- having a permanent residence outside of the borders of Hungary
- clean criminal record
- the call is not open for students at the moment
For the application please submit:
- a CV with a photo
- a portfolio
- a motivation letter in which you introduce yourself and present how you would like to spend your time with us
- a scaling of the artworks with prices, so we know what to expect in return
- please indicate which time slot you would like to come to
- please send your application to email@example.com indicating HAB AIR in the subject
Applications will be evaluated by a jury, applicants will be contacted in due time.Duration:
When: We welcome applicants in four time periods: April-May; June –July; August – September; October-November. Dates are flexible, suggested duration 6 to 8 weeks.
Graphic Design Workshop application
The MBH Bank Art Foundation (hereinafter: the Foundation) is launching a call for applications to support visual artists. The aim of the application is to support creators by offering them the opportunity to use the HAB’s graphic design workshop. The Foundation is committed to the preservation and contemporary use of reproduction graphic processes, their promotion and support for artists working in the field of graphic design.
The Foundation undertakes to provide 10 artists with 2 x 8 hours of free, independent use of the graphic design workshop every six months. The use of the workshop is for the current six-month application period and cannot be carried over to the following period. It is an essential condition of participation that artists over the age of 18 must declare responsibility for their prior qualifications for the use of the independent workshop.
Deadline for applications: 15 January 2024.
Who can apply?
The application is supported by MBH Bank and run by MBH Bank Art Foundation.
More details coming soon!
Creators’ Application – HAB AWARD
One of the key goals of MBH Bank Art Foundation is to support talented artists who have graduated from art studies and contemporary art, so in 2023 it has established the HAB AWARD to provide creative support to a selected artist over the age of 35 in a total net amount of HUF 3,200,000.The Foundation undertakes to support a selected artist by selecting an artwork from the submitted art projects to be realised, which will be created by the winning applicant and then delivered to the Foundation.
The call for applications, the terms and conditions for participation and the application form are attached below.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can apply?