Artist In Residence
HAB (Hungarian Art & Business) / MBH Foundation for the Support of the Arts recidency programme welcomes artists who would like to spend time in a villa in downtown Budapest, making art, getting to know the cultural and artistic scene of the city.
Location: Residencies, 112 Andrássy út, Budapest, Hungary.
We extend an invitation to artists to participate in our artist residency program, offering a 6 to 8 weeks immersive experience dedicated to their craft. We are committed to provide essential materials and resources, ensuring that artists will have everything they need to create freely and without constraints.
The core duration of this residency program spans from 6 to 8 weeks, during which selected artists will be granted access to a fully equipped workspace tailored to meet the specific needs of their artistic projects. Moreover, artists will have the unique opportunity to become part of a vibrant artistic community, fostering collaboration, and networking with like-minded individuals.
- studio space of 50 sqm. Depending on the occupation of the residencies, either 50 or 2 x 50 sqms are available
- apartment with private bathroom
- shared kitchen and dining area
- supplies for making art – within a given budget
- assistance around the city and cultural events, the art scene
- open studio event
- finissage – display of works in the studio for the public, hosting the event
We ask for:
- Although applicants are not required to pay rental fee, the Foundation will quantify the consideration and will communicate the amount before the stay. The applicant is required to leave artworks (preferably those made during the residency, but if that is problematic, then art made elsewhere), that is equivalent to the value of the programme. (The applicant acknowledges the responsibility for covering any tax contributions that may incur during participation in the residency program whether in his/her home country or any other applicable location.)
- artists with a degree or professional experience that equals an art degree
- above 18
- having a permanent residence outside of the borders of Hungary
- clean criminal record
- the call is not open for students at the moment
For the application please submit:
- a CV with a photo
- a portfolio
- a motivation letter in which you introduce yourself and present how you would like to spend your time with us
- a scaling of the artworks with prices, so we know what to expect in return
- please indicate which time slot you would like to come to
- please send your application to email@example.com indicating HAB AIR in the subject
Applications will be evaluated by a jury, applicants will be contacted in due time.
When: We welcome applicants in four time periods: April-May; June –July; August – September; October-November. Dates are flexible, suggested duration 6 to 8 weeks.